Welcome to My Rally Campaign
- My name is John Sullivan I have been skating since I was 10 year old. I made the transistion from inline to ice when I was 18. Started skating in Stafford VA, and moved to Salt Lake City Utah to train for ice speed skating.
- My goal is to make the 2018 and 2022 olympic team.
- Medal at Worlds
- Medal at the Olympics.
Why I'm Raising Funds
- I am rasing money for coaching fees, food expesces, travel expenses, Equipment.
- My training is around 6-7 hours each day and with rest and time cooking my meals there is little to no time for anything else
How I Got Here
- John Sullivan is a Long Track Speed Skater training for the 2018 and 2022 Olympics. He is 21 years old and started skating when he was only 10 years old. He was born and raised in Virginia. In the short 7 years he has been skating he has overcame several insurmountable odds. He first started skating on inline speed skates where 5 years later he transitioned into his ice career. One of the things that is most inspiring about John is that only 3 years into his skating career he broke his ankle! This was a devastating injury for any athlete especially a speed skater. But he would not let this get in his way of his Olympic dream. Even though the doctors said that he would never skate or even walk normal again, he would not let that happen! 1 year later he was back on his skates and competing in the 2012 Indoor Nationals Championships for Inline Speed Skating. This gave him the confidence and the reassurance to know that he was back and better than ever! John has continually showed the motivation and the determination to become one of the best skaters that the world has ever known!
So far John Has Competed and Qualified for
Junior Nationals in 2014 and US National Championships for the 2015 and 2016 season
2018 Olympic trials
- I currently train with the Long Track Fast Team at the Utah Olympic Oval.
- Big Thanks to my Parents for supporting me.
- Also to Tucker Fredricks My Current Coach for helping me getting me to the level I am at now!
Join My Team and Spread the Word!